Graphic Design Portfolio

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Craigslist Dresser Makeover

UPDATE!  SOLD FOR $500 AT REVISIT!

Before:
This is the dresser I got to keep me out of trouble during my holiday break from work.
It was a $50 Craigslist find.  I really didn't have a space in mind for it. . .I didn't think it
would fit in anywhere. . .I just got it because I thought it had good bones. . .and I needed a project.

During:
I used a combination of Silver Sage metallic paint and Bronze glaze over my SW Austere Gray.  To erase the brush marks I used a dry roller over it all.  I thought about distressing in areas, but thought it would look more formal to leave it alone.
 
After:
LOOK - - it fits perfect on my diagonal dining room wall!  What do you think?  Can I keep him?
My house lacks many accessories mostly because we don't have many furnishings.  But now that I am slowly adding pieces I can start picking up accessories to add more interest.  (but not too many - - have I mentioned I don't care for clutter. . .or dusting?)  I am thinking a few apothecary jars and maybe a tall rectangular mirror on the wall. . .but I'm up for suggestions. . .

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the metallic paint, you really did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, I seriously need to check Craigslist in Iowa City. Cedar Falls just doesn't have anything like this! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY WORD! I don't lie when I tell you I would buy this beauty from you for like 400.00 bucks lol! I so love it. It is just snexy! Nice job. Saw ya on Ms. Mustard Seed. And I am now following you as well cuz you rock sista!
    I would LOVE for you to come on by my blog and follow as mine as well.
    Sweet!
    Deb @ http://dejarenew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic metalic finish. Great job!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love what you've done to this piece, which was gorgeous to start with. I am considering tackling three end tables this weekend. Can you tell me what brand of metallic paint you used?
    Thanks so much.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tres chic! You really pulled off a silk purse with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at $50! ... whew ... very nice!

    ReplyDelete