Graphic Design Portfolio

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Glam at the Owen Fam’s

I think I am about to call it good on the Christmas decorating.  Hubby wants to put another live tree in the lower level. . .but I think the 12 footer upstairs is enough.  I'm not much on Christmas decorating.  Don't get me wrong. . .I think Christmas decorations are beautiful and I love seeing all the gorgeous holiday decorating out there in blogland, but I'm not into storing all the stuff.  I have a phobia about having too much stuff. . .I like empty closets and cupboards.  (I also have a sticker phobia. . .but that's a whole nother story. . .I know. . .weird)  I took some pics of my meager decor. . .not the best pics, I haven't quite mastered the art of photography.







After reading many posts about Krylon Looking Glass paint, I wanted to try my hand at the stuff.  I found these tea light holders at a local thrift shop, they are hollow underneath.  I am somewhat happy with the results.  I sprayed several light coats, let rest for a few minutes then sprayed water/vinegar solution on them and blotted/wiped in spots.  One note:  Krylon Looking Glass spray paint is S-T-I-N-K-Y.  You want to make sure you have a well ventilated area.





No comments:

Post a Comment