A recap of the BEFORE:
Now before I post the after, I just want to remind everyone of the silver/mirrored dresser I did for her a couple years ago. And the fact that I am not letting her take it with her. Because of this, I thought it only fitting to redo the armoire in silver. I had best intentions of ditching the hardware and dated scrolly panels, replacing them with new, glam hardware and possibly fabric panels, but then I got cheap (thinking she may be moving back home in a year - wishful thinking) and this piece may end up on the curb.
I wanted to add some depth to the piece, so I brushed diluted brown acrylic paint over all the accent areas and rubbed off with a rag. I ended up painting the existing hardware and for a final,
whimsical touch - painted the inside of the cabinet doors with chalkboard paint.
Love you, Roo.